Aware of the importance of a college education for those working in the Church, the Diocese of San Bernardino has requested a degree completion program for those in its community. As such, the Degree Completion Program in Theological Studies seeks applications from those serving in ministry, education, or simply interested in enriching their own lives by completing a degree in Theological Studies. An application for admission is required.
- A letter of recommendation from a priest or other pastoral minister of the Diocese of San Bernardino
- Associate of Arts (Transfer) Degree (A.A.T), or an equivalent 60 units/credits of completed coursework
- Cumulative 2.4 GPA
- An application for admission must be completed and received by October 9, 2017
Prospective students are required to complete and submit an application for admission, including (but not limited to):
- Completed application form, including a personal statement
- 1 Letter for Recommendation from a priest or pastoral minister currently serving in the Diocese of San Bernardino
- Official transcripts from other colleges or universities attended
Prospective students are invited to request an online application below. Applications must be received by October 9, 2017. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please note that admission is for the Degree Completion Program only. Students admitted to an LMU Extension degree program may only enroll in courses offered by LMU Extension, and are not eligible to enroll in courses offered by other schools or colleges in the University (including the Law School). Similarly, LMU Extension degree program courses are for LMU Extension students only.
Notification + Commitment Deposit
Applications will be reviewed and then successful applicants will be notified of admission to the program. Those who have received notification of acceptance into the program, will need to send to LMU Extension a $150 non-refundable Commitment Deposit. The Commitment Deposit secures one a place in the program and is the first step toward enrollment.
Admitted students are eligible to apply for financial aid.
- Tuition is $475 per credit hour, or approx. $9,500 - $10,450 per year
- Mandatory University fees
- Additional costs will be incurred for books and materials
After you have been notified of admission to the program, in order to accept your admission, you must pay a $150 non-refundable deposit fee. The fee counts toward your tuition and reserves your spot in the program.
Please contact us online or call the program office at (310) 338-7456.